Monday, July 11, 2011

Review: When One Night Isn't Enough

A while back, I won a contest over at Talli Roland's blog. So the lovely Wendy S. Marcus sent me a copy of her book (and she wrote a little note in it...too cool!). It's my honor to review When One Night Isn't Enough because I LOVED reading it. :)



Here's the blurb from Harlequin:

"Nurse Ali Forshay has swapped dating disasters for nights out with the girls. But after spending more time than is strictly necessary discussing the man she loves to hate—the notoriously delicious Dr. Jared Padget—Ali's horrifying realization is that she's one hundred percent crazy in lust with him! Her conclusion: spend a feverish night together. After all, it would just be a onetime thing and it would cure her obsession…wouldn't it?"


Whoa, was this book hot. I like to cook while I read, and you better believe the hubby's steak was quite well-done before I noticed what I'd done. Wendy painted some vivid scenes. This is one author who does not have a problem using all the paints and brushes in her arsenal.

Plot: The plot is believable. I could easily imagine a doctor and a nurse having a relationship. Wendy doesn't make it easy for them though. I enjoyed the evolution of their relationship, and I enjoyed that it wasn't a "they lived happily ever after" half way through the novel.

Characters: Nurse Ali and Dr. Jared are multi-faceted, and I found this to be a nice change of pace from the typical romance novel. They both have some serious baggage, and I loved how they dealt with it and with each other.

Whoa Moment: Let's just say the first time Ali and Jared get together is...um...stimulating. I had to fan myself with the book. ;P

This is a book you need to order RIGHT NOW. You won't regret the purchase. This is not your normal romance novel, and I found it to be one of the best I've read.

20 comments:

  1. You were the one that won the book! I remember that contest. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh nice. I haven't read a steamy one in a while. Sounds like a fun one to pick up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Suze--Yuppers! :P

    Carolina--It was really good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Stopping over from Stephen's site. Nice detailed review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, it sounds like a great read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This sounds like it could be a lot of fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome. I'll add it to my list of must-reads. Thanks for the info!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Guess hubby was lucky his dinner didn't turn to ashes. Sounds like a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really cool to win a book! And signed, no less.

    I will have to keep this book off my wife's radar. I like my steaks medium rare.

    (Kidding, of course.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never actual read a medical romance before but this one definitely sounds like it's worth reading! As a romance author I'm always trying to study the market anyway, so it should be a good experience.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I read some, er, less-than-stellar medical romance plotlines during my time as agent. Turned me off the genre for a while. But you make this one sound too yummy to pass up. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Funny! Sounds great. I guess the only person who didn't like it was your husband who ate well-done steak.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay! I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'll have to pick this one up!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I had a relationship with a nurse, It didn't get anywhere, sad to say. Not even to bed.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't know how you cook and read at the same time! That's pretty impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okay! You caught me! I Googled the title of my book and my name to see if there was any buzz floating around that I wasn't aware of, and I found this wonderful review! You have made my week! (I'm going to print it out to keep always!)

    I'm so happy you enjoyed my book. And that first sex scene....well, yeah...a bit hot.

    Sorry about your husband's steak! NOT! I'm thrilled you were so engrossed you overcooked it. That's one of the nicest compliments you can give an author.

    Just worked on a sex scene today for my book 3. I needed to take two breaks for two glasses of water. Let's see if I can get it past my editor!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! What a fabulous review! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Karen--Thanks! Now I'm following you, too. :)

    Lydia and Sarah--It is a great read!

    Emily--I'm glad you're going to add it!

    J.L.--He sure was.

    Bryce--HAHAHA!

    Jasmine--You'll want to study this one... a lot...

    Lora--It is. :)

    Clarissa--But when he gets steak that's a celebration within itself. :P

    Talli--Do!

    Bill--Maybe you'll feel better after you read this novel? Erm... :P

    Juliana--Obviously I don't juggle tasks well. :P

    Wendy--I'm so glad you stopped by to see my review. I lurved your book. :P

    Na--Thanks for following and now I'm following you as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Alleged Author,

    Thanks for the follow at my blog, I have book giveaways almost every week!

    And friends,

    Wendy S Marcus is out on a 30 stop Blog Tour and she is doing a signed book giveaway at every stop, yes! the same book, WHEN ONE NIGHT ISN'T ENOUGH!
    For links to her blog tour, please check out:

    http://www.rbpp-wendy.blogspot.com/

    or Wendy's website: http://www.wendysmarcus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow. I'd read the book for the cover alone. And....yup, added to Kindle. Thanks for the review!

    Marie at the Cheetah

    ReplyDelete